TRANSFERRING OR INACTIVE FILES: School Psychologist
Active/Inactive/Moved to another Building
1. If any of your students will be moving to another building, or psych, it is your responsibility to make arrangements to send those files on to the receiving psych.
2. BEFORE transferring the file, be sure all files are cleaned out. (remove all duplicate reports, scraps of unnecessary paper, etc.)
3. Utilize "Transferring Active Files 2016-2017" or a typed list of students in alphabetical order.
4. Files for inactive, nonplaced students, students who have moved within the last two years, and protocol files for these students should also be included in the files transferred to the next appropriate school pyschology office. Utilize the “Inactive Files Going to Another Psych/SLP”.
5. Files must be transferred prior to your end of the year check-out.
6. Files transferred to Chisholm or Transnet should be held until the September psychologist’s meeting.
Graduated/Inactive Files to the Coop
1. Collect files from teachers and related service providers.
2. Follow the direction on the “Preparing Files to Come to the Cooperative Office” document before transferring files to the Cooperative.
3. The files should be divided into the following categories:
a. Graduated (Active at the time of graduation); Utilize the “Graduate Files to Coop” or a typed list of students in alphabetical order.
Ed Office” or a typed list of students in alphabetical order.
c. Moved Away (Has been gone for two school years); Utilize the “Inactive Files Coming to
Special Ed Office” or a typed list of students in alphabetical order.
1. Students who have been exited from all services: Protocol(s) will be maintained for 3 years.
2. Student not placed in services: Protocol(s) will be maintained for 3 years.
3. Students who have moved: Protocol(s) will be maintained for 3 years after moving.
4. Students who graduate or age out of services: Protocol(s) can be destroyed upon graduation/completion of program.
5. Protocol files should remain/move with student files or grade placement.
6. No protocol files should be sent to the Coop.
Transferring Files to New Providers: Student files DO NOT go on the van run unless prearranged by the Coop.