TRANSFERRING OR INACTIVE FILES: SPEECH ONLY
Moving to a different building (end of the year)
1. If any of your students will be moving to another building, different provider, psych or related service provider, it is your responsibility to make arrangements to send those files on to the receiving provider.
2. BEFORE transferring the file, it is your responsibility to clean it out. See "Organizing Special
3. Please also reflect the change on the "Student List" you printed through WebKIDSS (see to do list for a link to the directions).
4. Utilize "Transferring Active Files 2016-2017"
5. If provider is absolutely not known, and you are keeping some files to transfer in August, please complete "Retained Files 2016-2017", and turn it in at Check-Out.
Dismissed, not placed, withdrawn from special education or graduated
1. This file will be kept by the SLP for two years before turning in to COOP.
2. Write on the outside of the IEP folder the “action” that occurred and the date.
3. Enter the Exit Date and correct ED Status in WebKIDSS.
4. Complete an ESC-267 Admit/Dismiss form, and send into the Coop. Make a copy of the ESC-
267 for the file.
5. If the student should move to a different building the next school year, please transfer the file to the next SLP. Utilize “Inactive Files Going to another Psych/SLP” form.
6. BEFORE transferring the file, it is your responsibility to clean it out. See "Organizing Special
7. Please also reflect the change on the "Student List" you printed through WebKIDSS.
8. After two years, utilize “Inactive Files Going to Special Ed Office” form & bring in files to COOP
Student moves or drops out1. Complete the ESC-267 Admit/Dismiss form, and send in to the Coop. Make a copy of the ESC-
267 for the file.
2. Do not enter the Exit Date in WebKIDSS unless the school or Coop has received a records request from the new school.
3. When the school receives the records request, please enter the Exit Date and Ed Status
(Moved- T), and send a copy of the records request to the Coop.
a. BEFORE transferring the file, it is your responsibility to clean out the file. See "Organizing
b. Utilize “Inactive Files Going to Special Ed Office” form & bring the file to the COOP at check-out.
4. If the school or Coop does not receive a records request, please keep the file until the records request is received (even if it is the following school year). The Coop will provide further instructions if a records request is not received (IEP meetings and progress reports may need to be completed). If the student should move to a different building the next school year, please transfer the file to SLP. Utilize "Transferring Active Files 2016-2017”. This file will be kept by the SLP until a records request is recieved, Then follow steps 3a & 3b.
Transferring Files to New Providers: Student files DO NOT go on the van run unless prearranged through your assistant director for extenuating circumstances.
Providers not returning for the 2017-2018 school year need to keep files locked in a secure location within the building, these do not come to the coop.